08 January, 2019

Nostalgia

It has been a long time since
I have been where I wanna be
It has been a long time since
I have seen what I wanna see
It has been a long time since
I have felt as I wanna feel
It has been a long time since
I have lived as I wanna live

A long time since I have felt,
the presence of my mother with me
the belief in her voice
in everything regarding me
Her every action for care of me
Her every thought for the better of me
All I can remember now are the tears
when we had parted
and her attempts to hide them from me

A long time since I have had
those fatherly hands to support me
those calm ears which understood me
those ages gone by, which made me what I am
those struggles of agony to make my future light
those brief periods of tension, which worked for better relations
those gentle eyes emitted serenity
that peaceful face displayed divinity

Oh how on earth can I repay the people
who gave me life as it is

A long time since I have been
with friends now forgotten
the moments with small joys
and periods of silence which went by
the cherished youth shall be remembered
even when its fragments disperse
for each will carry memories
of golden times in their hearts
I could not tell them what I felt
And we parted unknowingly
And made a mutual bond to remember
the times when we were together
The days we left is all I seek
them back wants the creature in me
I know that I cannot redeem my past
and my destiny does not allow that in my path
so I rest patiently remembering
the faces that once were with me

A long time since I have held
the small hand of my little sister
and talked my heart out
with feelings and joys and pains
and when those eyes
understanding every word I say
Not interrupting and letting me speak
To lessen the burden from me
I wish she was here with me
So once more I could tell her my pains
But alas! that time has gone
when I had someone to hear me

A long time since I have een
those twinkling eyes gaping at me
Her hand I held once and she had blushed,
my very existence wanting to be with her
To see her face to see her laugh
to hear her voice to feel her presence
to smell the fragrance of her har
to see her innocence to feel her breath
is what makes survival easy now
for the desire to meet her again
shall put me up for a long time

A long time since I have talked
with the teacher who taught me to think
the man who taught me to use my power
the man who taught me to fight my weakness
the man who made me what I am
the man who believed me in everything
with whom I felt so free
with whom I seek to be
I need my teacher yet once more
to ask for advice to take me again
into the realms unknown to me
His faith in me is my strength
and I try to live up to that
His teachings guide me in sorrow
His blessings guide me in strength

It has been a long time since
I have been what I was
I have lived as I lived
I have thought what I thought
I have loved whom I loved
I have laughed as I laughed
A long time since
I had faith in myself
I held head high and challenged the sky
But one day I will be back
and re-attain all I lost
It will be soon and I will be better
and we shall be paid by Almighty for our struggle
I will be back one day
I will be back one day

Vishal Gupta