12 November, 2018

Book Review – The Chakra Deck

I started my journey with “The Chakra Deck” by Olivia Miller 7 months ago and have never looked back. I’d heard of the concept of chakras and had been curious about what they were and how they worked. Olivia Miller takes you through a step-by-step process of 50 cards slowly elucidating how to work with each chakra. Each chakra is described in a set of 7 cards with 2 explanation cards, 1 breathing card, 3 yoga poses, and a meditation technique. The 50th card relates to the aura which is a surrounding force for all chakras. I first went through the series in the prescribed order. Going through one chakra at a time, with 7 cards of each, spending a day of contemplation on each card. The set left me wanting for more. So I went through the deck again, this time going through all the explanation cards first, then all the breathing cards, all yoga poses, and finally all meditation cards. Lusting for more, I did the entire thing again in random order. This time I was done. Going through 50 cards 3 times took me 7 months, mostly due to my own lethargy. Nevertheless, meditation has become a daily part of my life right now. As I explore newer techniques and avenues to help mind, body, and soul, I’ve made a short summary of the deck for my own ready reference. Feel free to use.