28 April, 2009

Sonode

( I )

One day, I felt lonely
lonely in this crowded world.
For crowd didn’t interact
it walked and kicked and spat
my eyes, near moist
my hands shaking
my heart trembling with fear
I realized the end was near.

But just then, the wind brought a message
and I felt cold on my cheeks
my heartbeat I could hear
but I knew, my message was clear,
I closed my eyes and saw a sight
my friend and me, laughing after a fight
I felt him near me, waving goodbye
wishing me a happy journey, he cried
For no distance could be a barrier
when friendships travel and love is the carrier
I felt him again, one last time
and then I heard, the eternal chime.

( II )

We were silent, for hours now
Still I felt, I dunno how
that I had made a good conversation
for voice isn’t the only way
by which friends interact
we looked at each other and remembered
the good ‘ol days when we played
together we played all sorts of games
we thought together and lived one life
we prayed together and all was fine
But today destiny has took a turn
we have to separate, become two from one
We may never meet, again in our lives
but memories remain and never die.

( III )

I did not know, what was wrong
why had the world turned its back on me
I could not deny what I believe
I could not be what I was not
my heart said to me ‘you are right’
still why had the world crossed over me.

It was then I realized
God’s gift to me
when my friend, supported me
He did not care, about what the world said
He did not believe, that I was justified
He took on the world for me
He fought for me and lived for me
He made me laugh and prayed for me
He made me believe the ancient saying
that a friend in need, is God’s greatest deed.

( IV )

Friendship is something I cannot define
it is just something beautiful and fine
without it life for me is unimaginable
the friend gives me strength to be able
to share my deepest secrets, and feel light ‘bout life
he doesn’t expect anything from me
and silently gives me, all happiness I need.

He even scolds me when I am wrong
He stands by me when the sun sets upon
He even finds joy in my victory
‘friend’ is god’s smartest six letter word
which remains, even today in my heart.

( V )

My friend, I have spoken enough,
but let me tell you one more thing I haven’t said yet
that you are, a part of my life
and without you, my life is hollow
hollow as the tree is
when autumn takes away its leaves
hollow as the sun is
when clouds cover it
hollow as the body is
when the soul is missing from it
and I end my ode, with one last claim
‘Love you forever, my dear friend.’

-Vishal Gupta