28 April, 2009

Ode to the sky

Oh! Great eternal sky
I beseech ye now
for providing me fer so long
Fer thee is the one
who sheltered this unholy soul
And did not ask its sur
its caste its creed its fur
like a father, thee cared fer me
you cried when me got hurt
you showered blessings, when me needed some
thee gave me light, so me could see
thee gave me darkness, so me could sleep.

And whenever despair touched me
me turned to thee, for answers me could not see
you in turn answered, all my questions
thee became a part of me
Thee said to me that me is free
thee showed to me that dawn follows dusk
thee said to me that even clouds burst
thee stayed with me, from autumn to spring
sharing with me ancient gospels of wisdom
since the beginning.

Whenever I feel lonely,
turn to you to talk
you gladly accept my request
and teach me
that I am never lonely
as long as you are there
Through you I see, friends long forgotten
Thee connect them to me
You even show me,
that I will be near you one day
helping thee in thy way
but before that, I must share my message
That without you, this world is incomplete
Incomplete of ability, to be eternal
Incomplete of uniqueness, to be great
Incomplete of being a father, showering unconditional love
Incomplete of words, which carry ancient wisdom.

Thy sacred red face I salute
within you stay the mighty gods
it doesn’t matter to you if I call him Zeus
or Father or Thor or Brahma or Almighty
you have ‘em all within thyself
you were with earth
since gaya came to birth
you shared your experiences
with every creature on geta

Being with you teaches me so much
that sometimes, I fail to count
of the blessings by you upon me
but everyday, I see you and say
Thank you.

-Vishal Gupta