24 March, 2008

Trust

Yes, I can forgive you when you pass my secrets to the world
The ones I told you, trusting you from the bottom of my heart
Telling them to you, to lessen my heart's burden
And you said it to the to the world, what reason, I do not know
But I'll forgive you; I can because I am human

Yes, I can forgive you when you say something about me
I'll believe it and try to change myself, even when I should not
I'll think that it must've been something in me, that made you say this
I'll hope that the future does not give you a chance to find faults in me
I'll try to present to you a better human, made by your attempts
And I'll believe you, everything you say, because you are human

Yes, I'll forgive you, when you cheat me
When I help you in your need and you turn away in mine
I'll think that it was my fault that I trusted someone like you
My fault that I had too much faith in you, beyond than what you can provide
But a hope will always be with me that you do not cheat anyone else
A hope that you are satisfied by eating me up, and I'll forgive you

But trust me this time my friend, I shall not forgive you at one instance in life
Please so not cross this limit any place, any time
I will not forgive you when I trust you and you betray me
And fill those heartless eyes with water and shame
Make me have faith in you that you shall not do it again
Fill me from head to toe with hope, expectations and belief
And then when I call you, "help me, only revive me from mental distress
Make me laugh cheer me up. Please. I want to be happy again."
And then, you laugh at my situation, make fun of me and add to my mourn
A curse shall be blessed upon you from the inner depths of my heart
That you have already lost my trust, but noone will ever trust you again
Not your friends with whom you were laughing at me
Not the heart which does not exist in you
Not the happiness, which now has built home on your lips
It will soon go away from you, and you will be all alone, as I am today
So I request you, don't betray anyone. Dont't betray anyone ever again
-Vishal Gupta

This is my favorate one