24 March, 2008

A new world

I want to share an experience with you.

A new world
One night, when my flight was landing;
I saw a view which left me thinking;
I saw a metropolitan, at the dead hour of the night;
it seemed gold and silver, the lights yellow and white.
I saw the rich, the middle and the poor
I saw the skyscrapers, buildings and roads
the things which I didn't see were something they probably have lost
I know how their absence is like so I told them to get it back
They said I was foolish to talk like that,
for the city had lost it much before they had
I gave some of mine to them and they happened to like it
Oh! Just like a moment when you first feed a child
Would you like to know what I gave them
I gave them sleep and love without the hope of fame.

One night, when my flight was landing;
I saw a view which left me thinking;
I saw roads, with cars travelling on them,
Somewhere straight, somewhere curved and somewhere with a halt
as a snake would travel in the forest avoiding any fault
I saw huge buildings with luminous light coming out of them
but it was only when I landed I got to know of the other things they possessed
along with luminous lights, they had dark hearts, screams and hatred for each other
I could ony feel this when I breathed, the question in my mind was none answered
How could one live with so much hatred?
For if it was me I would have died before long
but it's my luck that I have my own merry song.

One night when my flight was landing;
I saw a view which left me thinking;
Urbanisation everywhere, not a single mark of naturality
On the name of parks, they had grounds with small grass
On the name of culture, they has festivals every year
breaded with the urbanisation, it had checks against terrorism
I ask what's the need of this chaos, when you can easily live simply
they blamed politics and urbanisation, but none wanted to change willingly

I'm glad to return to my home, glad to have calmness and hope
that the place where I stay, atleast has people having time to play
Now as I look out of the window, I see a man talking to a weeping widow
he says people would like to modernize our village
And for the beggining, a factory is about to be set up
on and adjoining the land of the village cemetery.

-Vishal Gupta