24 March, 2008

A change

One day my friends found out that I write poems and then they asked me to write a fresh one and read it infront of our group. So this's for all my friends out there and tribute to the gift god as given me.
A Change
Here I stand reading a poetry, and feel the difference in my own country
When I read here and you listen there, some people in the capital are god knows where
I know writer aren't supposed to take take direct names of people
But they also have a duty to get problems toppeled
Coming back to the real picture, is something wrong with our political structure
Many of us have never even felt the corruption
It's not with us, the disasters, the cheats the starvation
Then why do we feel the pain of the citizens?
Is it because we want to throw our anger at someone
Or we are all linked as one
Whatever may be reason, I'll give you a small fact to explain this treason
Once the books of law fell into my hands
I was shocked to learn something of great command
India is internationally considered a poor country that we all know
But even our ways of income have been considered low
India is one of the 3 countries that sells corpses to earn
Isn't it sad that many of us don't even get burnt
The maximum times it is due to starvation
But now comes a very important fact into action
You must be knowing that every minister gets a fund to do away with famishle
According to the statistics, most of the money is scribbled
Each district minister, mayor and MLA gets 1,3,5 crore rupees respectively
But none of that money is used, and if you think that's pretty
Wait till you find more about the other funds
You'll feel like giving them a great humiliation
So if you want to bring India to a certain range
Hang 2,3 ministers for a change
But before raging on the system
First try to plant your own stem
Stop giving the bribes, Stop dirtying the roads
Stop causing pollution, just change your modes
Don't think about everyone, think you're the nation
You're the youth, you're the future, you're today's generation
So I end my poem with a hope in my heart
You have learnt something from my art
-Vishal Gupta