24 March, 2008

The path forgotten

I try but I fail, all my hopes are in vain,
for it is you who has forgotten me, with you solely in gain.
I now wait with a hope in my heart,
that you shall return and bury me into the earth;
as I know I am of no use to you any more,
as my time is gone, my race too old;
but remember one thing O my lord,
it was me who took care of you for long.
Yes, I am not worthy of you anymore,
except for that tiny place in your heart's core.

You have forgotten the home, and turned me into a house,
for nothing more than to be fed by a little mouse.
You stayed with me for 14 long years,
but now your old and unfruitful heart fears;
that the place you were born,
is nothing but a thorn!
Yes, you don't remember me any more,
except for the time your grandson roars.

You now live a content life full of despair,
remember the time you were paired.
What a day it was full of light,
when I got my 1st fright;
you told yourself that I was getting smaller for you,
and left me without a word or two.
Yes, you have returned to me and gotten fat,
so that your grandson can live in a greater place than that.
-Vishal Gupta