24 March, 2008

There was a time

This is the first poem i'd written and its very close to my heart. Hope you'll like it as much as I do.

There was a time

There was a time when I was young,
every game to be played, every song to be sung
but now I have no time,
as if leisure is a crime.
But I remember somewhere in my heart
'cause those days at atleast this worth.

There were selfless friends, friends in joy friends in crime,
to think of new jokes, to make new rhymes
we were together and lived one life,
not for a day when a bounty is a knife.
Now on occasions we speak
"whom to meet & whom to leave."
But in our hearts we carry a memory,
and want to break through this jeopardy.

There was a country which all respected,
all obeyed all accepted
'My country, the best,' was the sole motto,
now looks with corruption, with sorrow.
Now 'every man for himself' is the slogan
the bond shattered, the link broken.
But in the back of our heads we dream,
of a nation out of this evil stream.

I'm just happy with one feeling,
I had a youth without tension, without strain
but the future shall be one step in-front,
for they shall see a competitive future further on.
If this monstrous crime of destroying childhood is not stopped at once,
I'm afraid the future will be sans smile, sans fun sans innocence.

-Vishal Gupta