14 April, 2017

A Moment Frozen In Time

Silent echoes of a moment frozen in time
Beckon to me memories left behind
What werest thou, O love of mine
Were you my bane of existence
or were you my shrine

Never before hath I loved so wild
never had I ever fallen so blind
never hath my senses abandoned me so
never could I ever have loved you O more

Remembering the time, when your skin was on mine
Looking deep in your eyes, I could see them smile
Angel face that yours, invited me to glare
Flesh, thoughts, soul, had all I bared

That soft touch of your gentle lips
The sound of your heartbeats, their rises and dips
Your raspberry voice you calling my name
My gentle caresses, to please my dame

Memories, reappearing like the morning dew
of nights when I fell asleep against you
or of the fights we used to have
come to think of it, they weren’t so bad

My princess you were, my angel my queen
my Goth my love my days my dreams
My first thought of the day, my last goodnight
My light in the dark, my will to fight

For I never grew tired of that pretty face of yours
Like a personification of beauty as Keats wrote
Yet your strength was what I admired the most
So much in beauty, but not a bit otiose

For each time you were hurt
you came out stronger than before
for every time I saw you bleed
I couldn’t help but kiss you more

And each of those kisses today
haunt me as reminders of days that were
And I think of times when I truly lived
and of times that never truly were

Glowing soft gentle skin of yours
I yearn to graze and gaze it both
Muzzle, supple, graceful motions
to calm sleep of magical potions

Silent frozen echoes beckon
Haunting me at dusk and dawn
And as I stand at the Reaper’s entrance
I ask if you my bane of existence
or were you my deliverance

Vishal Gupta
5 April 2016
Mumbai