07 February, 2010

The Yellow Rose

Faced, by the anomalies of the world
I once looked towards the heavens for hope
Thus bestowed I was again
by His beautiful yellow rose.

In praise of His precious deed
this piece I try to compose
as this will always live in this world
and will immorta
lize my yellow rose.

It stays with me always
even when the whole world does oppose
it gives me strength to stand by my values
that, is my friend, my yellow rose.
Seldom in life you find someone such
someone who becomes so close
and once you find them that’s all you need
Ho! you’ve found your yellow rose.

we fight together for one another
‘cause together we cant be harmed by foes
and when times are low and loads are high
all we need is our yellow rose.

When life throws fireballs
and a hail of difficult time snows
you just need one thing to fight back
you guessed right. You need your yellow rose.

It once faced a choice to leave me
but to stay, I know not why it chose
I shudder to think what would have happened
had I missed my yellow rose.

Even today I’m faced by difficulties
but something through the dark clouds like the yellow sun glows
and I get back, on with my life
just knowing, that I have a yellow rose.

The days are slowly going by
like a river my time constantly flows
but I know wherever this boat may take me
I wont be very far, from my yellow rose.
When the crowd misjudges me
I’m healed by understanding that someone knows
and if the burdens around me froze
I know they’ll be broken apart, by my yellow rose.

I tell you something pleasing about my rose
I notice no thorn upon it grows
separated and carved by the hands of God
from the gardens of heavens, comes my yellow rose.

Its heart is deep that I can see
to me the all goodness in mankind it shows
its smell my words are unable to dignify
it just sits sweetly there on my palm, my innocent yellow rose.
It has lost a petal I see
lost it traveling the hard road
I promise not to let it loose another
nor will the yellow petal be away from the yellow rose.

On this note I end my ode
in His deed, my head still bows
He gave me something I love Him for
he gave me
my yellow rose.