01 February, 2010

DN8

Hey guys, a poem after a long time. Enjoy but just one thing, don't ask me to justify the title
:P

DN8

Walking once again, down the memory lane
I stumble on a page where I miss a dear friend
I found her by chance, I chose to stay
and now I miss her, when we are away.

There came a time when I had to choose
Between her and another friend, one I had to loose
she tried, in gain, to keep me near
which laid the foundations, of a friendship very dear.

Her constant chats would irritate me though
but even without them, time just wouldn’t flow
I never realized, when the talks became sweet memories
it was like a breeze, which would come and go.

My sweetest memoirs with her,
are nothing but simple walks to the bus stand together,
but even now when I go on lonely walks
my ears yearn to cherish her beautiful thoughts.

We teased each other, on small lil’ things
and derived the pleasure, such small talks bring
as if our talks had no end
And today, I miss those days, and I miss my friend.

When faced by problems, we used to share
one’s troubles, the other would bare
She showed me how much, just listening can mean
‘cause even when you cant help, you can still care.

Not that we did not make any mistake
but even with gold, some coal one does rake
but a friend is one, who can forgive easily
as bonds of trust, on frail accidents don’t break.

We had our problems, and faced them brave
and even if we fell, there was someone to save
We cheered the other up, when days seemed low
I never realized those moments, were the ones which made the bond grow.

She said I was helpful and honest
I believe her to be sweet and pure
She said one was lucky, to have me as a mate
But alas! it came to an end, my fate I regret.

Sometimes it happens, that good friends loose touch
are remembered seldom, and missed very much
sometimes you need to walk back, just to say a “hey!”
might not mean much to you, but can make someone’s day.

And so once again, I walk down memory lane
and stumble on a page, where I miss a dear friend
I found her by chance, I chose to stay
and now I miss her, when she is away.

- Vishal Gupta