09 March, 2019

Something Old

Met someone new, felt something old
I have lately have this “newfound” desire
of going back to old familiar things
Watch movies I’ve watched and liked
Read that cult classic over and over again
Watch the epic movie that stunned audiences
Meet old friends at old familiar places
and have conversations we’ve already had
I constantly look for the next thing
The lists of life grow long that take a lifetime to get to
So I rarely allow myself the luxury of repetition
“Once done must be well done” is the motto
But only lately, I have had this desire

Desires that come alive again, which had once grown old
like laying on the roof and watching the stars again
Going to a familiar place and watching the sunset again
Watching the moon, playing old games in its light
And watching young lovers sing songs again

Over the world, my heart had to roam
Now I seek something a little closer to home
Holding her in my arms again
Feeling her kiss that I've dearly missed
The familiar feeling of her flesh on mine
So natural as if was meant to be
Knowing, in her presence, that I was “home”
For "home" is not a place, it is a person
It's knowing she is mine and is safe with me

Vishal Gupta
25 Jan 2018